MittelMitte

Currently Loves: Nikons, Bellies, Kobes, Band-Aids, MCE, Toro. Oh. And Spencer. Not Heide.


BOOK REVIEW / MOVIE REVIEW / NBA REVIEW / GOOGLE UPDATE

Misc updates

- The Know-It-All : One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A. J. Jacobs. I rate it 8 out of 10. A.J. is a funny guy, and his conversational writing style comes across in this book- making it an easy read. A was a little disappointed how the book ended- ironically enough like the Encyclopedia he was studying: Abruptly. He never bothered to *really* tell the user what he gained from his experience. Did he become smarter? Was it worth it? To be honest, AJ could have written a book about his wife and pregnancy- and that would have been just as funny.

- Lord of War with Nicolas Cage received a 7.5 on IMDB amazes me. I would give it a 2/10, and that is for the opening scene. The writing and acting in the film was so bad, I had to turn it off. Seriously. A good example- NCage delivery of an important phone conversation: "What? They know about us? What? They are coming here? Now? What? Change the name of the ship? What? Kono? K. O. N. O?"

- The Lakers lost to the hopeless Kings last nite. I feel bad for Kobe. He is playing his best bball ever. Did all he could to help the team win. When it came down to it, the Lakers lost for 2 reasons: Lamar Odom and Luke Walton. Odom made 2 bone-head mistakes late in the game. Walton couldn't hit a wide-open 15-foot jumper to save his life. I don't care who his dad is.

- Gmail finally added a "delete" button. Yeah.

2 Responses to “BOOK REVIEW / MOVIE REVIEW / NBA REVIEW / GOOGLE UPDATE”

  1. # Blogger C.J.

    OMG
    i am pissed right now you wouldnt believe.

    Kobe scores 81 and i am stock at a bar mitzvah.

    i could have watched it in HD???

    WTF!!?!?!??!  

  2. # Blogger Andy

    I noticed that you are reading The Know it All so I wanted to mention my blog, which I think you might like too. I was so inspired by Jacob's book that I have begun reading the Encyclopedia Britannica as well. I try to bring the same combination of trivia, life experiences, and humor to my blog. You can read it here: http://readingtheeb.com/blog/wordpress/

    And if you ever want to do a blog review, I'm always up for feedback on how I'm doing.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 MittelMitte | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health