1) He's the best player in the NBA this season. Period. (see 4 x 50+ pt games in a row, best in 50 years)
2) He should have won it last season (see 81 pts in one game, and Martin Scorsese winning later in life, best in 50 years)
3) The only reason he didn't win it 2 seasons ago was because David Stern was trying to clean up the league's image (required suits, silly NBA Cares ads), and didn't want Kobe, coming off some serious sexual-assault allegations, to represent the league.
4) He has the best selling jersey in the US & in China. Better than Yao. The Fans have spoken.
5) Kobe is always named the most difficult player to guard, by other NBA players. (link?)
6) It's an award for the most valuable player. Not the MVPOAGT (MVP on a Great Team). If it were, they should change the plaque on the trophy. I mean, should Kobe truly get punished cause Kwame has hands made of cinder block, while Diaw is a point-center? Or that Mihm, Odom, and Pretty-Boy Walton have been injured most of the season, while Amare is playing the best ball of his life? (not to mention Air-head Rado's latest stupidity)
7) It's an award for the most valuable (i.e. best) player. Not the PWTWSTMIHL (player who's team would suck the most if he left), (as some TNT analysts have claimed). If if were, Lebron should win. Or Eddie Curry?
8) Cause __insert_other_player_here__ doesn't deserve it. Mashburn said so. So did Chris Webber. He was happy to point out,
- Dirk doesn't play Defense.
- Nash doesn't play Defense. (see poll)
- LeBron doesn't "check" Kobe. (play Defense)
- Nash is a defensive liability.
- If Nash were MVP, it would stand to reason that ason Kidd the 2nd best player in the league.
- Dirk is not clutch.
To summarize, let the haters hate. But, in the end, who would you rather want on your team in the 4th quarter of a playoff game? On both ends of the court? Exactly. Let you vote count.
ps. nash is a rat