MittelMitte

Currently Loves: Nikons, Bellies, Kobes, Band-Aids, MCE, Toro. Oh. And Spencer. Not Heide.


Shorty == Short-E?

I wonder (aloud) if the slang shortee only refers to petite hip-hop-type women, or to all of them?

8 Responses to “Shorty == Short-E?”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

  2. # Blogger C.J.

    the rap dictionary clears this one up. can't calling men and women the same pro-nouns gets confusing?

    http://www.rapdict.org/Shorty

    Shorty (noun - 'shawty)

    friend/homie. "Holla at your boy 'What's the problem shorty?'" -- Jay-Z featuring Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Memphis Bleek (1-900-Hustler)
    Female, like baby or honey. "I got myself a shorty, I got myself a forty" -- Wu Tang Clan (Method Man).
    A seven ounce bottle of beer.
    A child or teenager. "Shorty Wanna Be A Thug" -- 2Pac
    Girlfriend or bitch one can call for some ass  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    From urbandictionary.com.

    1. affectionate term for a girlfriend, attractive female or concubine. "Yo shorty, it's your birthday"
    Source: Billiam, Jul 2, 2003

    2. Originally used to mean a young man, new to the game. By new to the game, I don't mean he just meant a rapper, but he just started selling crack, just started rapping, whatever, but even simpler it was a term used to mean just a person much younger than you.

    Now, commercial rappers have turned the meaning upside down to mean a 'fine female', apparently."shorty's laugh was cold blooded as he spoke so foul,
    Only twelve trying to tell me that he liked my style"
    -NaS, 1994

    "Shorty is shaking her ass on my Hummer with spinning rims, or something."
    -average commercialized rapper today  

  4. # Blogger C.J.

    A shorty (sha-dee) is pretty much just a f*ck partner, someone you chill with, but wouldn't actually call your boo (your main thing). If you are already with someone, they are your piece on the side.I used to pretend you were just another shorty I put the naughty on...  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Duely noted.

    I don't mean to scope-shift, but what's up with "holla"?

    I get how things can mean diffetent things based on context - believe me, I get it. But, come on...

    "holla at'cha boy"
    "Ima holla at these b!t(he$, right here"
    "holla at my boo"
    "Ima holla at'chu later"
    and just plain "holla!!!"

    lets put it to rest. I liked "chicken head, too!  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i never heard of chiken-head. is that the same as honkey?  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Not quite - http://www.rapdict.org/Chickenhead

    You guys are so funny. This site really speaks to me. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this site!! Keep up the good work!  

  8. # Blogger C.J.

    who posted that?  

Post a Comment



© 2006 MittelMitte | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health