Yes, I know, the Lakers lost. Kobe had 50. And, like the old days, his boys let him down in crunch-time (Smush, Smush, Smush, & defense).
However, a well-trained eye would have noticed Larry David and his good-friend, the black-clothes-only Richard Lewis, in the audience last night (in separate seats-though). Larry seemed to be sitting (alone) to the right of the visiting Suns' bench, touching knees with the injured Kurt Thomas, hardly one the best seats in the house. An SI blogger quasi-interviewed him before the game:
During warmups, I grabbed a courtside seat next to arguably the funniest man on the planet, Larry David, who was enjoying a chicken sandwich as he watched Steve Nash practice free throws. "This is still a Lakers town," said David. "I actually go to both Lakers and Clippers games, but the Lakers crowd seems to get a little more excited." As he was greeted by Kevin Dillon, I asked the Curb Your Enthusiasm star if the Lakers were still the hottest ticket in town. "Probably," he said. "If you don't know anything about basketball and want to be seen, you'll go to a Lakers game."In related LD/CYE news:
As I sat next to David in a seat that would be worth over $2,000 if I continued to sit in it for another 20 minutes, I took a look at a menu given to me by the in-seat dining waitress. Acting as if I belonged, I asked what was good and she recommended the sushi plate and the margarita, which would have cost me $30. I was going to say that's a pricey meal, but the absurdity of complaining about a $30 tab while sitting in a $2,300 seat quickly hit me. So instead, I went the Stoudemire rout and got some McDonald's from the Staples concourse instead.
- HBO is re-running all CYEs from Season 1, Episode 1, starting this week.
- It seems like series is over. Season 5 was the weakest of the bunch, and show 50 was titled"The End."
- LD has a myspace account??? Is this real?
- List of LD appearances on Seinfeld - for fun:
- (1) He was the VOICE of George Steinbrenner in [The Gum (and all others)]
(2) He was on the Greenpeace boat. [The Pilot]
(3) He was Frank Costanza's lawyer in the cape. [The Chinese Woman]
(4) Asks "Where's my Kosher Meal?" [The Airport]
(5) Larry David was the voice of Newman (before Wayne Knight) in the
original broadcast of The Revenge - Wayne Knight's voice was later
dubbed in for the syndicated run. [The Revenge]
(6) He is mentioned in the newspaper articles. [The Wizard]
"Larry David Gets Hole In One"
"Larry David Hurts Elbow"
"Larry David Never To Play Golf Again"
(7) At the table in the Chinese restaurant. [The Chinese Restaurant]
(8) Yells, "Is anyone here a Marine Biologist?" [The Marine Biologist]
(9) On television "great green globs..." [The Heart Attack]
(10) He sells gum at a little hole-in-the-wall newsstand [The Gum ]
(11) When Kramer has to go to the bathroom, someone inside says "customers
only' [The Pilot]
(12) The emcee who introduces Jerry at the comedy club. [The Fire]
(13) Says hello to Cosmo on the street [The Switch]
(14) "Everybody out of the Chunnel! Everybody out!" [The Pool Guy]
(15) Barking dog [The Dog] - perhaps - still being validated)